Job Announcement: Freelance Editor
The American Chamber of Commerce (AmCham) in Mongolia is an independent organization with the mission to build stronger commercial ties between the United States and Mongolia; actively promote Mongolia as a destination for global investment; and advocate for policies to improve Mongolia’s business environment. AmCham is the official local affiliate of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, which is the largest business federation in the world with over 3 million member companies.
AmCham Mongolia is currently looking for a Freelance Editor who will work off-site to:
- Carefully review and edit all AmCham Communications materials (in English) including the Daily Newswire, marketing materials, policy documents, official letters, etc.
- Read content and correct for errors in spelling, punctuation, and grammar and ensure high writing standards are maintained
- Rewrite copy to make it easier for people to understand
- Provide feedback to writers when appropriate
- Edit materials efficiently and within agreed upon timeframe
- Communicate regularly with AmCham staff, providing updates on status of work
- Assist in developing a style guide for the organization
Experienced English language editor with impeccable English writing and grammar skills. Native English speaker is preferred. The ideal candidate should be professional, experienced, hardworking, organized, and efficient. Strong knowledge of the Mongolian business and political landscape is a plus.
To apply, please submit a Cover Letter and CV in a PDF soft copy to the E-mail address: email@example.com with the subject: Application for Freelance Editor.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled but we strongly encourage you to send your application as soon as possible. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. For more information, please visit www.amcham.mn or call the AmCham office at 7000-3437.
About AmCham Mongolia
AmCham Mongolia is an independent membership-driven organization that seeks to build, strengthen, and protect business between the United States and Mongolia and to actively promote Mongolia as a destination for American investment. AmCham Mongolia is the official local affiliate of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, the largest business federation in the world with over 3 million member companies. AmCham Mongolia is also a member of the Asia Pacific Council of American Chambers of Commerce, consisting of 29 American Chambers of Commerce in the Asia Pacific Region.